Our June issue, being delivered to subscribers’ homes today (Monday May 22), includes the regular news round-up, three vibrant pages of readers’ letters and news of upcoming fairs and auctions.
Feature postcard articles include:
*Geoff Ashton, who chairs the Reading based LL Circle, busting the myth of the origins of the letters LL
* Antony Edmonds taking a patriotic look at the Pictorial Stationary Company
* Mark Routh takes a look at the world of modern postcards
* soccer memorabilia collector John Daniels explaining why he’s now backing cricket
* Chris Breach shows some super real photographic examples of why accidents happen on land, air and sea
* Phil Rowlett has a potted look at the history of the King’s Own Scottish Borderers
* Mark Wingham takes another look at one of the ‘lost theatres of England’ – the Grand at Oldham
* Dick Williams reports on his favourite postcard artist Thomas Gilson
* Alan Leonard takes a voyage on the High Seas with the East Asiatic Company.
If you don’t get PPM delivered every month, we have dealers selling copies at fairs nationwide including Bury St Edmunds (May 27), Haywards Heath (June 3), Canterbury (June 10), Shoreham by Sea (June 17) and the Royal National Hotel London WC1H 0DG (June 25) to name just a few!
Order your copy today. It’s £36 a year including postage – but the UK price is set to increase £2 from July 1.